Dr. Marie Fielder
The mission of the Marie Fielder Center for Democracy, Leadership, and Education is to encourage research that addresses today’s educational and social problems. The Center provides a multidisciplinary and inter-school space for Fielding’s faculty, students, and alumni across all disciplines to engage in research, public discourse, and advocacy on the advancement of social democracy, leadership, and education. This research and policy center promotes Marie Fielder’s principles of transformational change for social justice as exemplified through her life’s work, her philosophy, and her contributions to equity, education, and justice.
The activities of the Center are guided by the strategic advice of an advisory council. The Council is to ensure that the Fielder Center is responsive to the social needs and challenges of our society by advising on the ongoing scope of work.
The mission of the Marie Fielder Center for Democracy, Leadership, and Education Advisory Council Members are:
- Lenneal Henderson, Professor, School of Leadership Studies, Fielding Graduate University
- Claudia Mitchell Kernan, Vice Chancellor and Dean of the Graduate Studies Emerita, UCLA
Internal Council Members
- Rich Appelbaum, Professor, School of Leadership Studies
- Anna DiStefano, Professor, School of Leadership Studies & Director, Worldwide Network for Gender Empowerment (WNGE)
- Placida Gallegos, Professor, School of Leadership Studies
- Anthony Greene, Professor, School of Psychology
- Margo Okazawa-Rey, Professor, School of Leadership Studies
- Mark Scanlon-Greene, School of Leadership Studies
External Council Members
- Patricia Arredondo, President, Arredondo Advisory Group
- Stacy Blake-Beard, Professor, Simmons College (Boston)
- Robert Corrigan, President Emeritus, San Francisco State University
- Carlos Grijalva, Associate Dean, UCLA Graduate School
- Sharon Hutchins, Vice President, Chief of AI+Data Operations, Intuit Inc.
- Kelly Mack, VP for University STEM Education, Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Camille McKayle, Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, University of the Virgin Islands
- Carlos Santiago, Sr. Deputy Commissioner for Academic Affairs, Massachusetts Department of Education
- Nicola Smith, Professor, School of Leadership Studies
- Orlando Taylor, Director, Marie Fielder Center and Distinguished Senior Advisor to the President