Home » About Fielding » Accreditations


& Approvals

(Fielding’s Clinical Psychology program is accredited by the APA)


"*" indicates required fields

*All Fields are required. By submitting this form, you agree to be contacted regarding your request and are confirming you agree to our Terms of Use.

Katrina Rogers

Institutional Accreditation

Fielding Graduate University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).

WASC Senior College and University Commission
985 Atlantic Avenue, Ste. 100 Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: 510-748-9001
Fax: 510-748-9797


APA Accreditation

Fielding’s School of Psychology offers the only accredited clinical psychology doctoral program using a distributed delivery model. The program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA Commission on Accreditation, 750 First St. NE, Washington, DC 20002, 202.336.5979). The clinical psychology program received initial accreditation by the APA in 1991.

Continuing Education Approvals

Fielding Graduate University is approved by the following to offer continuing education:

  • American Psychological Association (Fielding Graduate University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Fielding Graduate University maintains responsibility for this program and its content.)

University Complaint and Grievance Process

Beginning July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education regulations to improve the integrity of programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA), as amended (the “Program Integrity Rule”), took effect. The Program Integrity Rule requires, among other things, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more States ensure access to a complaint process that will permit student consumers to address the following:

  1. Alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
  2. Alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
  3. Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

Fielding Graduate University is committed to maintaining a University environment in which its members can live and work in an atmosphere of acceptance, civility and mutual respect for the rights, duties and sensibilities of each individual. Occasionally, however, complaints or concerns arise, the timely resolution of which is important to maintaining the desired University atmosphere. The University will treat each complaint or grievance seriously, and attempts to resolve issues quickly and effectively using internal processes.

We urge students to utilize the methods of complaint resolution published in the university catalog.

However, in the event that students believe they have been unfairly treated or have issues with the University that cannot be resolved by the methods outlined in the University’s publications, they have the right to contact our accreditation agency – (PDF), Department of Education Ombudsmen and/or various state and other governmental agencies.

Resolution Options Outside of the University

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

As our primary offices are based in California, a student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education using the contact information below or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s internet web site (

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
Phone: (916) 431-6959
Toll Free: (888) 370-7589
Main Fax: (916) 263-1897

Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission

An individual may also file a complaint with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission at the following link:

Office of Civil Rights

If you believe you have been discriminated or retaliated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age, you may file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at the following link:

Financial Aid

Students who have an unresolved complaint about Financial Aid, may submit a complaint to the Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid at

State-by-State Consumer Protection Agencies

Students who live in a state other than California may also contact their State Consumer Protection Agency. Below is a listing of state higher education regulatory agencies and complaint contact information for individual states (if those states require such contact information be published). It should not be construed as a complete list of states/agencies regulating Fielding Graduate University.  Through the relevant agencies or Attorneys General Offices, complaints can be accepted regardless of whether Fielding Graduate University is required to be registered in that jurisdiction. Fielding Graduate University has made a reasonable effort to ensure that this list is accurate.

State Higher Education Regulatory Information

Fielding Graduate University is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 and the California Code of Regulations. The California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) can be contacted at 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400 Sacramento, CA 95833,, (916) 574-8200, and toll-free phone: 1-888-370-7589.

Connecticut students, to file out of state complaints, please contact :
Dr. Sean Seepersad, Academic Affairs and Student Services
Office of Higher Education, State of Connecticut
450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 510
Hartford, CT 06103-1841
Telephone: (860) 947-1837
Email: SSeepersad@ctohe@org

District of Columbia2022-04-21T00:13:01-07:00

Fielding Graduate University’s application to operate is under review by the Higher Education Licensure Commission. Complainants submitting to the Higher Education Licensure Commission will be asked to provide contact information for themselves and the institution, dates of attendance, a full description of the problem, relevant documents to support the complaint and the desired outcome. HELC should be considered the agency of last resort in the grievance process.

Higher Education Licensure Commission

1050 First St. NE

Washington, DC 20002

(202) 727-6436

  1. Students must first go through the institutional complaint process listed in the institution’s website under grievance and/or complaint process.
  2. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome, he/she may file a complaint with the state agency that governs the institution.
  3. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome he/she may appeal the complaint to the Council by sending an email to

For more information see:


In accordance with Georgia Code Section 20.3.250 (Nonpublic Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990), the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC/the Commission) seeks to assure that GNPEC institutions maintain procedures and standards of procedural fairness through which students can bring complaints to the attention of the institution. Georgia students have the right to appeal a final institutional decision to GNPEC.  For instructions and a link to the complaint form please see:

Residents of Georgia can send student complaints by mail to:

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place
Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084

Phone: (770) 414-3300
Fax: (770) 414-3309

A complaint form is provided here:



A student may submit a complaint in writing to Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) when it involves an alleged violation of the Education Article, COMAR, or school policy, but only after the student has first exhausted the complaint/grievance procedures established by the institution. Should the opinion of the student be that the complaint has not been resolved appropriately by the institution, the student may submit the complaint to the Attorney General or  Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).

For instructions see:,exhausted%20the%20complaint%2Fgrievance%20procedures%20established%20by%20the%20institution.

For the complaint form see:


The Michigan Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing (CSCL) Bureau is responsible for responding to formal complaints against authorized public, independent non-profit and proprietary institutions of higher education providing distance education from Michigan or out-of-state institutions of higher education providing distance education in Michigan pursuant to 2015 PA 45 (Act). For instructions and the complaint form see:


Fielding Graduate University is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.

Minnesota Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227

Phone Contact Information:
651.642.0567 or 800.657.3866


Residents of Nevada can send student complaints by mail to:

Commission on Postsecondary Education
2800 E. St. Louis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89104

For questions about filing student complaints, please call 702-486-7330.

A complaint form is provided here:

New York2022-02-15T19:21:40-08:00

For all types of complaints concerning colleges and universities in New York State, the first course of action must be to try to resolve the complaint directly with the administration of the college or university involved. The New York Office of College and University Evaluation will not review a complaint until all grievance procedures at the institution have been followed and all avenues of appeal exhausted and documentation provided that such procedures have been exhausted.

For instructions on filing your complaint see:

Office of College and University Evaluation
5 North Mezzanine
Albany, NY 12234

Resolution Process:

North Carolina2022-06-21T13:04:42-07:00

The State Authorization Unit of the University of North Carolina System Office serves as the official state entity to receive complaints concerning post-secondary institutions that are authorized to operate in North Carolina. If students are unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s grievance procedures, they can review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF) and submit their complaint using the online complaint form at

For more information contact:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints

150 Friday Center Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27517; (919) 962-4558

To file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice, please visit the State Attorney General’s web page at: North Carolina residents may call (877) 566-7226. Outside of North Carolina, please call (919) 716-6000. En Espanol (919) 716-0058.

If you choose to mail a complaint, please use the following address:

Consumer Protection Division Attorney General’s Office Mail Service Center

9001 Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

Copies of the surety bond filed with the State of North Carolina can be requested from the Office of the Registrar:


All-degree granting private postsecondary institutions offering academic programs in Oregon, or to Oregon students from outside the state, must be approved by the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC), Office of Academic Policy and Authorization, excluding institutions that are exempt from HECC regulations. Students who attend institutions online may also file or have their complaints referred to the proper authority through HECC. Please see the contact information at, or write to HECC.Complaints@​hecc.orego​


In accordance with Tex. Educ. Code. §132.202, Fielding Graduate University is not regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission under this chapter. Contact the state agency in which the school is physically located and in which it has legal authorization to operate.

Washington (state)2022-08-02T13:29:02-07:00

For Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit or contact the Student Loan Advocate at


WASC logo

Fielding Graduate University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

American Psychological Association (APA) logo

The doctoral program in clinical psychology is the only distributed delivery program that is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).

ICF Accredited Coach Training Program

The Evidence Based Coaching Certificate program is approved as an Accredited Coach Training Program by the International Coach Federation (ICF).

Join Over 7,500 Fielding Alumni Located Around The World!

Change the world. Start with yours.™

*All Fields are required. By submitting this form, you agree to be contacted regarding your request and are confirming you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Go to Top