Evidence Based Coaching
Fielding’s Evidence Based Coaching program is a Level 2 ICF Accredited Coaching Education Provider.
[pictured alum: Executive Coach Josh Rogers]
Fielding Graduate University is the first university (in the world of 400+ coach training programs) to have both the ICF accreditation and the GASEC recognition.
Become a Professional Coach
Within the past decade, the coaching profession has grown rapidly in businesses, schools, and organizations. Set yourself apart from others in the field with an Evidence Based Coaching (EBC) certificate. This multidisciplinary-based synchronous certification program can be completed in eight months through a combination of teleconferencing and face-to-face sessions.
GSAEC Graduate-Level Educational Program
Fielding Graduate University’s Evidence Based Coaching Program has met GSAEC’s Academic Standards for Graduate-Level Educational Programs in Professional Coaching. Students who graduated from this program on or after September 2021 can apply to GSAEC to receive the GSEC coaching credential as a Graduate School Educated Coach. Learn more at https://gsaec.org/.
- Professional Coaching that applies grounded knowledge and theory to skilled practice.
- A basis for informed decision-making in coaching interventions.
- The application of models, theories, and research from multi-disciplinary bodies of work.
- The combination of knowledge, skill, and self-awareness allows a coach to be the best instrument of self when working with clients in their specific contexts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Online Application Form
- Official Transcript
- No GRE Required
Start your application NOW!
Upon successful completion of the certificate, learners are able to:
- Coach clients at the Professional Certified Coach level as defined by the International Coach Federation
- Articulate their coach identity and social justice focus
- Integrate theory and evidence-based knowledge with skillful coaching
- Partner and acknowledge clients within their system context
- Understand the use of self as an instrument in coaching
Schedule for Spring 2023 cohort
Term One – VIRTUAL ONLY
- 4-day Foundations Intensive (Zoom): 1/9/23 – 1/12/23
- Tuesday night Zoom sessions: 1/17/23 – 4/4/23 (4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific Time)
- 2-day Observation Intensive: 3/4/23 – 3/5/23 (Zoom)
Term Two – VIRTUAL ONLY
- 4-day Development Intensive (Zoom): 5/9/23 – 5/12/23
- Tuesday night Zoom sessions: 5/16/23 – 8/1/23 (4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific Time)
(No class on 7/4/23 – class is held on Wednesday 7/5/23 this week)
- 2-day Observation Intensive: 7/8/23 – 7/9/23 (Zoom)
Schedule for Summer 2023 cohort
Term One – Virtual
- 4-day Foundations Intensive (Virtual: 8am – 5pm Pacific Time Zone): 5/8/23 – 5/11/23
- Wednesday night Zoom sessions: 5/17/23 – 8/2/23 (4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific Time or 7pm – 9pm Eastern)
- 2-day Observation Intensive: 7/1/23 – 7/2/23 (Zoom)
Term Two – Virtual
- 4-day Development Intensive (Virtual: 8am – 5pm Pacific Time Zone): 9/7/23 – 9/10/23
- Wednesday night Zoom sessions: 9/13/23 – 11/29/23 (4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific Time or 7pm – 9pm Eastern)
- 2-day Observation Intensive: 11/4/23 – 11/5/23 (Zoom)
Schedule for Fall 2023 cohort
- 4-day Foundations Intensive (in-person): 9/6/23 – 9/9/23
- Tuesday night Zoom sessions: 9/12/23 – 11/28/23 (4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific Time)
- 2-day Observation Intensive: 10/28/23 – 10/29/23 (Zoom)
- 4-day Development Intensive (in-person): 1/9/24 – 1/12/24
- Tuesday night Zoom sessions: 1/16/24 – 4/2/24 (4:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific Time)
- 2-day Observation Intensive: 3/9/24 – 3/10/24 (Zoom)
Student & Alumni Testimonials
I am so glad that I listened to all of the wonderful things I heard about the Fielding EBC program and enrolled. My life has been forever changed by the program, faculty, peers, and experiences. Fielding was the missing piece to my coaching puzzle, and I will use all I’ve learned to continue to grow as a coach.
Evidence Based Coach
The Fielding EBC program provided a range of experiences: academic-focused reading and reflection; hands-on coaching and feedback; peer and cohort faculty conversations. Each experience provided an opportunity for me to absorb perspectives, reflect on my coaching skills, and integrate new ways of thinking into my coaching practice. For me, the hands-on coaching was invaluable for learning “how” to coach while integrating some of the many concepts and theories we explored in our classes.
Evidence Based Coach
My journey through the EBC Program has been a powerful, transformational experience. I have acquired and integrated evidence-based coaching knowledge on the level of mind, body, and spirit. I have developed skills which unlock awareness and agency in both myself and others. I have discovered new purpose, meaning, and direction in life through coaching, through a process of unfolding awareness and potential.
I am moving on from the EBC Program with broad and deep knowledge of evidence-based coaching developed through lived experience in relationship with my peers, colleagues, and the faculty at Fielding, as well as through my coach-client relationships.
Evidence Based Coach
As an aspiring coach striving to enhance personal and professional development, Fielding came highly recommended by an alum—This transformed my leadership style! Fielding provided many opportunities to challenge me, reflect on my experiences, and practice evidence-based coaching each week. I received immediate feedback on the training sessions from knowledgeable and credible faculty, enabling me to identify strengths and weaknesses. I was excited about the opportunity to practice implementing the (ICF) International Coaching Federation core competencies and (PCC) Professional Certified Coach markers through Fielding’s Executive Coach Program. This paved the way for my ICF Credentialing and placed me among an elite membership of colleagues. After graduation, Fielding continued their support with an established coaching community sharing resources and networks. If I were to do it all over again, I would change just one thing—I would attend Fielding sooner!
Evidence Based Coaching News
The latest news and special events from Fielding’s Evidence Based Coaching program.
Why Choose Fielding’s Evidence Based Coaching?
Professional Coaching that applies grounded knowledge and theory to skilled practice.
Level 2 Coaching Education Provider
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the leading global organization for coaches and coaching. ICF is dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification and building a worldwide network of trained coaching professionals. As of July 2020, ICF has approximately 41,500 members in 147 countries and territories.
Flexible Schedule, Experienced Faculty
Fielding’s EBC program connects you to experienced faculty who are academically qualified and ICF-certified coach practitioners. The program offers a broad, multi-disciplinary approach to coaching, including theories and models from leadership, psychology, communication, neuroscience, emotional intelligence, and organization studies, together with current standards, techniques, and strategies in coaching. The format provides flexibility, letting you complete the requirements anywhere, anytime through a blended delivery method of online and face-to-face learning opportunities.
The Fielding Coaching Community
Evidence Based Coaching applies grounded knowledge and theory to skilled practice.
NEW MONOGRAPH RELEASE!
Innovations in Leadership Coaching: Research and Practice (Fielding Monograph Series)
“This important volume will be a valuable tool for leadership coaches and coach trainers who are shaping the next generation of leadership coaches.” Dr. Damian Goldvarg, Past Global President, International Coach Federation.
Join Over 7,500 Fielding Alumni Located Around The World!
Change the world. Start with yours.™