The Most Important Conversations Start Here
At Fielding, your graduate education experience is shaped by the conversations you have with your peers and faculty mentor. With our distributed learning model, we blend the best of in-person engagement and academic technologies to provide the resources, services, and support needed to facilitate remote engagement.
Location, Location, Location
Many students choose Fielding because it lets them remain close to the communities they care about most. As a future scholar-practitioner, your location matters–the ability to connect your graduate studies to your community will bring deeper meaning to your work. Our academic technology resources and services enable you to work locally, while connecting you to a global community of Fielding scholars.
At Fielding, our academic technology resources are strategically combined to best assist the distributed scholar-practitioner. Course resources include Moodle, the widely used, open-source learning management system; Kaltura, the integrated multi-screen video platform; and ZOOM, the robust video conferencing platform. In combination, these learning tools deliver your education and bring you close to faculty and fellow students.
Your Courses In Learning.Fielding.Edu
Fielding coursework is presented through our learning management system (LMS), titled Learning.Fielding.Edu. This is a Moodle-based, flexible, open-source LMS designed to support teaching and learning. Moodle is one of the most adopted and versatile learning management systems in the world, with over 79 million users.
Academic and IT Services
The Information Technology and Academic Technology departments also provide the following tools to student:
- A Fielding G Suite (Gmail) account with access to Google Drive
- A ZOOM Pro account for video conferencing
- A Grammarly account for grammar and spell-checking, with suggestions about writing clarity, conciseness, vocabulary, delivery style, and tone
- A Qualtrics account for the creation and distribution of surveys
- Turnitin access, to check your writing for plagiarism
- SPSS software for statistical data analysis (provided to doctoral students only)
Academic and IT Support
At Fielding, we understand that, as a student at a distributed campus, resources and service support are key to your success. Whether you are in our home state of California, or on the other side of the globe, we provide:
- 24/7 email support for Moodle
- Online support for ZOOM, Grammarly, Qualtrics, Turnitin, and SPSS
- myFIELDING portal support pages and access to directories, administrative departments, and a world of institutional information
- Person-to-person help during regular business hours (M-F 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Pacific Time)