A student may submit a complaint in writing to Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) when it involves an alleged violation of the Education Article, COMAR, or school policy, but only after the student has first exhausted the complaint/grievance procedures established by the institution. Should the opinion of the student be that the complaint has not been resolved appropriately by the institution, the student may submit the complaint to the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).

For instructions see: https://mhec.maryland.gov/institutions_training/SiteAssets/Pages/colleges_universities/index/MHEC%20Complaint%20Process.pdfnts-mhec-5f74bfc0ab0f9d00fc796766

For the complaint form see: https://mhec.maryland.gov/institutions_training/Documents/acadaff/MHEC%20College%20and%20University%20Student%20Complaint%20Form.pdf