The Psychology Behind Persuasion and Engagement.
[pictured alum: Starshine Roshell, LinkedIN content producer, author, and journalist]
Begin Your Career in a Cutting Edge Field
Fielding offers a 3-course, 100% online certificate in Media Psychology designed for professionals in diverse fields. In today’s fast-changing world, psychological theory and research can be applied to enhance or analyze the impacts of emerging media, gauging its effects on individuals and cultures. You will analyze how media and technology can best be used for socially constructive ends; and gain practical knowledge, working to create applied solutions for sustainable change.
Media psychology starts with psychology. Where traditional communication, media studies, sociology, or psychology programs focus on process or isolate media from human experience, media psychology offers the answer to the ‘why,’ integrating the expertise of psychology with in-depth knowledge of media and technology. Students explore the ways in which cognition, emotion, and instinct can influence human responses to different media stimuli and alter technological impact. Students use these skills to anticipate consumption and use patterns, engagement, and access and look for leverageable solutions to global problems, from smart technology design to economic, social, and environmental impact.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Online Application Form
- Official Transcript
- No GRE Required
Start your application NOW!
Choose Your Emphasis
You can focus your studies on
Brand Psychology and Audience Engagement
Are. you a change agent interested in advertising, marketing, advocacy campaigns, or business communication?
The online Certificate in Media Psychology with an Emphasis in Brand Psychology and Audience Engagement is ideal for you. This is designed for professionals who need to understand and engage their audience and communicate their product or concept for maximum impact.
You will learn the essential features of successful engagement:
- Understand the psychology of brand development
- Learn how storytelling is at the core of successful branding
- Apply archetypes to brand development
- Isolate and communicate core values
- Identify your core audience
- See how narrative, identity and social influence change attitudes and behavior
- Develop a psychology-based persona
- Enable communities and activate fans
- Communicate effectively in a transmedia and participatory world
The online Certificate in Media Psychology with an Emphasis in Media Neuroscience reveals new research modalities that help understand and predict the effectiveness of stimuli on the brain. This is designed for professionals of varied backgrounds who want to learn and apply persuasion theories based on ground-breaking neuromarketing research.
- Study the psychology of human motivation.
- Gain new insight on how visual perception impacts media design and message.
- Influence the way people think, buy and work.
- Review the pros and cons of popular theoretical frameworks used to explain and predict the effect of public information and social advocacy messaging.
- Discover ways to improve the persuasive effect of any media campaign.
- Understand the impact of neuroimaging technologies on neuromarketing research.
- Learn how the nervous system influences neuromarketing methods.
- Use eye tracking, EEG, GSR and fMRI research to solve marketing, social advocacy, advertising communication, and public campaigns.
“This program was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in gaining a new perspective and competitive edge on how to effectively communicate in today’s digital environment.”
Marketing and Business Professional
Media Psychology News
The latest news, announcements, and special events from Fielding’s Media Psychology program.
Join Over 7,500 Fielding Alumni Located Around The World!
Change the world. Start with yours.™