1. Develop external partnerships that strengthen societal movements for sustainability.
2. Conduct research and education projects that explore social change topics to further sustainability (e.g., leadership, indigenous people’s perspectives on the environment, global systems change, the impact of weather events on local climate systems and disaster management; the psychological effects of climate change and environmental degradation; effects of environmental change on immigration).
3. Develop carbon offset efforts in relation to Fielding sessions and conference travel.
4. Refine on-site sustainability practices for session and conference events (e.g., recycling, reduce energy usage, waste, and bottled water).
5. Develop Fielding’s public-facing websites to link with sustainability-related content on best practices, and information and resources for public engagement and social change.