The doctoral concentration in Evidence Based Coaching offers an interdisciplinary approach to integrating research-based coaching theory with professional practice in organizational and individual coaching. Students are encouraged to consider how the material resonates with, challenges or adds new dimensions to their professional and personal experiences (work life, teaching and consulting, formal coaching practices, and community). Core theories underpinning the principle practices of individual and organizational coaching will be studied; and through research, participants will integrate theory with practice in individual and organizational contexts.
Why Evidence Based Coaching?
An increasing demand for professional coaching practitioners in the social and business environments has informed the design and content of this graduate-level certificate program. Our graduate-level coaching program is one of the first in America to offer academic credit towards a graduate degree (MA or PhD). This program is designed to cultivate coaches who practice with personal and professional mastery, and are grounded in evidence-based work.
- Prepares coaching practitioners and scholars with grounding in the foundational theories in the field of coaching
- Fosters the development of situationally-responsive professional judgment and ethical practices
- Supports learner’s transfer of prior professional education and knowledge into the coaching framework
- Provides a structure and framework from reflective learning to coaching practice
- Instruction encompasses theory, practice and reflective learning
- Graduates develop a framework for approaching and customizing coaching interventions
- Resources and opportunities for research, scholarship, and contributions to the growing literature of coaching
The doctoral concentration in Evidence Based Coaching is available for any PhD or EdD students enrolled in the School of Leadership Studies or students in the PhD in Media Psychology.
For students looking for an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) to prepare for professional coach credentialing, please see our EBC Certificate Program. This program’s academic hours transfer to the Master’s and Doctoral Programs.