Before Enrolling

Q. Can I request a waiver or exemption from courses or program requirements because of work experience?

A. Requests for transfer credit should be made as part of the admissions process. However, there may be times when transfer credit is not appropriate. If you believe your circumstances warrant a waiver or exemption from program requirements, you can submit a request per the Degree Audit Adjustment Request policy.

Q. My employer offers tuition reimbursement but I’m not sure how it works. Can Fielding help?

A. Absolutely. Every employer’s tuition reimbursement policy differs, and it is important that you understand what your employer’s expectations are regarding your academic progress and documentation of that progress. Graduate Program Advisors are available to assist you in planning your program efficiently so as to both meet your employer’s requirements and your program’s expectations regarding satisfactory academic progress.

Fielding will work with you and your employer to understand your employer’s documentation needs. While we will do all that we can to assist you in receiving reimbursement from your employer, please remember that our contract is with you personally, and we look to you for responsibility regarding timely payment of tuition.

Please contact the Registrar’s Office if you have any questions regarding tuition reimbursement and documentation of your enrollment or progress.

Q. What items does Fielding consider directory or public information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)?

A. Items designated as “public” or “directory” information may be released at the discretion of Fielding, under provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended. As a student, you have the right to restrict disclosure of ANY or ALL of the directory items. For more information see our policy.

New Students

Q. How do I access Fielding’s online resources?

A. Before classes begin in your first term, and prior to any online orientation, you receive an e-mail with information on how to activate your Fielding student email account. User name and password information to the myFielding portal and other web site resources will be sent to that Fielding email account. Contact for assistance with your logins.

Q. Can I get a student ID card?

A. Yes, by request. You can send your own photo in .jpg or .tif format to We will mail your ID card to you.

Q. How can I defer payment of my student loans while I am in school?

A. Fielding participates in an electronic data exchange with the National Student Clearinghouse so that our students will receive automatic deferments. Usually, your student loans will be deferred as long as you are enrolled at half-time status or more. If you are enrolled but receive a repayment letter, you should contact the loan holder or servicer to verify that the deferment has been processed. If it has not, contact the Clearinghouse to request assistance.

Q. Can I take a leave or time away from my program?

A. Yes, most Fielding programs allow students to take time periods away from study, either for an entire term, or for the remainder of a term when an emergency arises, which we call a leave of absence. The Office of Student Advising can assist you in determining whether a leave of absence is an option for you.

Q. How do I request accommodations for my disability?

A. Fielding provides a wide range of academic accommodations to students with disabilities. In addition to academic accommodations, services can be provided at any location where a Fielding academic event, authorized meeting, or session will take place. Contact the Advising Office to talk to the accessibility coordinator and start the process.


Q. Can I get a replacement or duplicate diploma?

A. You may request a replacement diploma if the original is lost, stolen or destroyed. You may request a duplicate copy at the time of graduation if you wish to have diplomas for both office and home display. Contact the Registrar’s Office via phone, fax, or mail to submit your request and payment of the $50 duplicate/replacement diploma fee. Do not e-mail payment information for your own security.

Q. Where can I get a frame for my diploma?

A. You can order a custom frame for your diploma from Framing Success. The school code for Fielding is CB44-A. Master’s and doctorates measure 11” x 14” and certificates are 8.5” x 11”. If you choose to order a frame and mat from Framing Success, the frame will be sent directly to you, while the diploma will be mailed to you from Fielding. Please contact the Registrar’s Office if you would like a copy of the Framing Success flyer.

Q. How can I get documentation for my state clinical licensure requirements?

A. Contact the Registrar’s Office via authorized e-mail, fax, or mail to request documentation necessary for your licensure application. We can provide course descriptions, letters about your program and verifying your degree, accreditation information and/or official transcripts.