Areas of Instruction:
- Human Development and Consciousness
- Social Psychology
- Research Methods
Scholarly & Professional Interests:
- Gerontology and geriatrics
- Creative expression
- Family caregiving
- Interdisciplinary teamwork
- Positive psychology
- Substance abuse
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- American Society on Aging
- Gerontological Society of America
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Psychological Association AND Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work (AGE-SW)
Honors and Awards:
- Who's Who in America
- Inaugural West Coast Gerontological Social Work Recognition Award, Institute of Geriatric Social Work
- Leadership Award, Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work (AGE-SW)
- Fellow of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America
- Corley, C. (2011). Coaching and issues of aging. In L. Wildflower & D. Brennan (Eds.),The handbook of knowledge-based coaching: From theory to practice.Jossey-Bass.
- Corley, C. (2010). Creative expression and resilience among Holocaust survivors. In R. R. Greene (Ed.), Studies of the Holocaust: Lessons in survivorship. Abingdon, U.K.: Taylor & Francis.
- Corley, C. (2010). A tale of three women: Survivorship through creative expression. Journal of Aging, Humanities and the Arts, 4, 262-275.
- Ai,Corley, C. (2010). Creative expression and resilience among Holocaust survivors. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 20, 542-552. A.,
- Corley, C., Peterson, C., Huang, B., & Tice, T. (2009). Private prayer and quality of Life in cardiac patients: Pathways of cognitive coping and social support. Social Work in Health Care, 48, 471-494.
- Corley, C., Davis, P., Jackson, L. & Bach, M. (2007). Spirit of Aging Rising (SOAR): Cross-cutting thematic modules to enrich foundation graduate social work courses. In Foundations of Gerontological Social Work Education, Haworth Press.
- Corley, C.S., Gray, M. & Yakimo, R. (2006). Substance dependency networks. In B. Berkman & S. D'Ambruoso (Eds.) Handbook of Social Work in Aging. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Corley, C. S., Lawton, J. & Gray, M. (2005). Substance use disorders in rehabilitation. In Zaretsky, H., Richter, E. & Eisenberg, M. (Eds.). Medical aspects of disability. Third edition. New York: Springer.
- Corley, C.S., Takamura, J. & Siegel, E. (2004). Supervision in older adult services. Austin, M.J. & Hopkins, K.M. (Eds.). Supervisory practice In the human services: The learning organization perspective. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Corley, C. S. (2003). Health, spirituality and healing. In T. Tirrito and T. Cascio (eds.), Religious organizations in community services. New York:Springer.
- 5th International Conference on Positive Aging, Los Angeles, CA.
- Hively, J., Radu, M., Corley, C., Friedman, J. & Whitehouse, P. (2011). Advocacy leadership for
Positive Aging: Life planning for the 21st century. To be presented at the
5th International Conference on Positive Aging. Los Angeles, CA.
- Corley, C. (2010). A tale of three woman: Survivorship through creative expression. Presented
at the Gerontological Society of America Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Corley, C. (2009). Toward a survivorship model: Resilience and forgiveness among Holocaust
survivors symposium. Presented at the Gerontological Society of America
Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Corley, C. (2009). Creative expression and resilience in Holocaust survivors. Presented at the
International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics Congress, Paris, France.
- Corley, C. (2008). Resilience and creative expression among immigrant elders. Presented at
the Gerontological Society of America. Washington, DC.
- Corley, C. & Bortnick, B. (2008). Engaging older adults musically across the continuum of
care. Presented at the American Society on Aging Conference. Washington, DC.
- Corley, C. (Convener), Mathiesen, S., Miller, F., Tynan, M. & Winters, D. (2007). Preparing
educators for aging infusion: A collaborative curriculum change model in California.
Presented at the Annual Program Meeting of the Council on Social Work Education. San Francisco, CA.
- Corley, C. & Monnier, M. (2007). Lifelong learning without walls. Presented at the National
Council on Aging/American Society on Aging Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Corley, C. & Zeno, B. (2007). Wellness-empowered lively creative community. Presented at
the National Council on Aging/American Society on Aging conference. Chicago, IL.
- 2007-2009: John Templeton Foundation. “Forgiveness, Resilience and Survivorship among Holocaust Surivivors” (Co-Investigator; Roberta Greene, Principal Investigator)
- 2008-2009: Jesse L. Simon Foundation. “Lifelong Learning Program”
Director, Lifelong Learning Program, California State University, Los Angeles
Other Professional Activities:
- Co-host of EXPERIENCE TALKS radio show on Pacifica station KPFK-FM
- Advisory Council Member, Healing Healthcare Systems