This certificate provides students with a theoretical framework and the skills that form a basis for a successful practice as an organizational consultant and trainer. It is designed for both external and internal practitioners who wish to enhance their skills. For the external practitioner, it will provide direction in building a brand and successfully positioning one's business. It addresses the concerns of internal consultants to create powerful outcomes and rise in their organization.
The courses examine the role of ethics and professionalism, the basics of building a practice that suits the student’s strengths and acknowledges his or her limitations, and a focus on training and development and the use of technology.
- Acquire the framework and skills required for a successful consulting practice.
- Work on branding and positioning your practice.
- Learn to evaluate and enhance the outcomes of consulting interventions.
- Explore the role of ethics and professionalism.
- Match your practice to your own stage of development.
The Organizational Consulting certificate curriculum consists of a required online orientation and 8 credits chosen from ODL 676-679.
Effective date: 09/01/2015