Coaching has grown rapidly as a profession within the past decade in businesses, schools, and organizations. The field of coaching is challenged to become more research-based in order to continue effectively serving a diverse community. Evidence Based Coaching (EBC) as a multidisciplinary-based tool can provide professionals with a distinct advantage in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
Accredited as an ACTP program by the International Coach Federation, the Comprehensive EBC graduate certificate develops professional skills in face-to-face and distance coaching. Students gain a deep theoretical understanding of how and why coaching is effective.
Courses explore the theory and research from which coaching has emerged. EBC draws from a variety of disciplines, including psychology, communication, and organization studies, together with current standards, techniques and strategies in coaching. An evidence-based coach uses the best existing research and theory, in combination with personal coaching skills, to design a professional, results oriented course of action. In Fielding's Comprehensive EBC program, students acquire a broad range of theories and skills that directly apply to coaching individuals and groups.
Students engage with professional colleagues and faculty
via face-to-face meetings, phone conferencing and online discussion.
Who is it For?
The Comprehensive EBC Certificate is relevant for many individuals with an interest in coaching, including:
- Human Resource professionals
- Leaders responsible for developing, directing, delivering internal coaching programs
- Generalist coaches
- Individuals who design and deliver coach training
- Professionals seeking to develop coaching careers
- Coaching scholar-practitioners
- Experienced coaches seeking theoretical grounding for their practice
Learn coaching strategies based on research and evidence in the field.
Determine personal coaching styles, guided by well-researched models.
Develop the ability to coach online, on the phone, and face-to-face.
Discover the theory behind effective coaching practices.
Receive supervision from academically qualified coaching practitioners.
Earn graduate level credit that may be applied towards a degree at Fielding.
Complete the training requirements for ACTP certification from the International Coach Federation.
- Many EBC alumni have used their learning of theory and models to create internal coaching programs that meet their organization's specific needs.
- Program alumni find that being able to cite coaching research and evidence-based literature increases their credibility in the marketplace.
- Experienced coaches who join and complete the program report that gaining a theoretical understanding of coaching has taken their coaching practices to new levels of effectiveness.
- Program graduates continue their affiliations with their classmates and with the university as part of their on-going professional development and enjoy the peer networking and resources.
The academic credit earned with this certificate program articulates
to several degree programs at Fielding:
The graduate level Evidence Based Coaching program is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and is aligned with the academic standards of the Graduate School Alliance for Executive Coaching (GSAEC).