Effective leaders and managers understand how to identify the points in an organization where small changes can make a big difference. The Organizational Development and Leadership Certificate introduces students to theoretical and practical skills that will enhance their effectiveness and the effectiveness of those around them. This certificate offers an introduction to assessment and evaluation, leadership development, team and group development, and organizational design that will allow students to lead change that matters.
In collaboration with other professionals, students engage in an online environment that is thought-provoking and motivating. Students master a rigorous curriculum, while building a deep sense of community and shared learning.
- Acquire a knowledge base and develop skills that are immediately applicable in the workplace.
- Engage with faculty members who are outstanding scholar-practitioners.
- Understand a variety of assessment and evaluation tools.
- Become a member of a global network of professionals who value learning, creativity, and respect for individual differences.
- Earn a certificate from an accredited, nonprofit university with significant experience in distance learning.
- Join a professional community that leads a wide range of management and consulting organizations across for-profit, nonprofit, and government sectors.
You must complete 16 credits of coursework in order to graduate. The academic credit earned with this certificate can be applied to several degree programs at Fielding, including PhD in Organizational Development and Change, PhD in Human Development, and the MA in Organizational Development and Leadership.
"Fielding is ideal for professionals in mid-career because it's flexible, and because every Fielding student brings real-life experiences that enrich the learning environment. "
Julia Geisman, MA, President, Millennium Learning
Masters in OMD
What are students saying?
"Fielding has an outstanding reputation in the field of organization development and I wanted a school with credibility and accreditation." -Dawne Bringeland, Alumna, Faculty, British Columbia Institute of Technology and Thompson Rivers University