Part Three: Enculturated Violence Every Day and Everywhere-and the Feminist
For many women and girls, the most intimate places are the least safe. This session will focus on understanding VAW/G perpetrated in homes and in social and workplace settings, from domestic violence to date rape to sexual harassment to military sexual assaults:
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
- 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
- Historically, women and girls have been most often victimized by someone they knew.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.
- While 1 in 6 civilian women experience sexual assault, for military women it is approximately 1 in 3.
We will end the conversation series by reviewing the role of feminists in addressing the problem and creating change and discussing possible actions going forward.
When: Wednesday, October 15th
9 AM - 10:30 AMSpace is limited.
to reserve your Webinar seat now.